Category: Information Description: CMSA Course Book app was created using Appy Pie, World's #1 App Builder for creating Android & iPhone Apps. It is a Information category app. Click below to download the CMSA Course Book app.
10/10 for Best Information appBased on1 votes & user reviews
COURSE OF FIRE INSTRUCTIONS
TTR 2-Target Rule: If two targets are burst by gun fire, of same or different color, it will not be a miss and poles do NOT have to be engaged. The extra round may be used to engage a missed target.
Gate Rule: Targets do NOT have to be engaged going through a gate. Competitor must pass through the gate from either side. Horse’s entire body must pass through gate - tails do not count.
Targets should be a minimum distance of 12’ from any barrel.
TOB Rule: If a target must be set on top of a barrel, it may be engaged going in or coming out of the barrel, (this includes the Rundown barrel).
Rounding a Barrel: Does not mean crossing your path or a 360° turn.
Full Barrel Turn: Means crossing your path
A competitor may go back and round a barrel or pick up a gate to avoid a penalty.
Standard spacing for a Rundown target is 36 feet.
A standard Gate is 15 feet.
Rundown is a straight line, may be engaged from either side and may be gone between.
Targets may be engaged in any order, from either side, unless specifically noted.
An ideal arena is 200 feet by 300 feet. Distance between the targets and barrels may be shortened to accommodate a smaller arena.
It is each club’s responsibility to ensure arena safety. If, for any reason, a competitor is concerned about the safety of an arena, they should withdraw from competition. Competitors enter at their own risk.
If a competitor is engaging the last rundown balloon while crossing the timer there shall be no penalty if there is forward motion.
Only Courses in the CMSA Rulebook may be used at WPQ Matches.
The “course of fire” or pattern of riding is commonly referred to as a “stage” and should be designed for maximum enjoyment of competitors and spectators, while safely testing horsemanship and shooting skills. The safety of competitors, spectators and horses is a principle concern.
The primary purpose of a stage is to provide a scoring grid that is fair for all competitors. A standard CMSA stage is to have ten targets. It is specifically not the intention of the CMSA rules to penalize a fast horse and competitor. After completing the stage, the competitor shall immediately unload both revolvers.
A. Engage the farthest light targets first.
B. Engage the entire Random course first, then round the Random barrel.
C. Engage 5 of one color, round the barrel(s), engage 5 of the other color.
D. Engage 10 targets in any order.
E. Engage all light targets first, then round the Rundown barrel.
F. Engage 5 of one color, then engage 5 of the other color.
G. Engage all the light targets first. Then engage the dark targets. You must round the barrel.
H. Engage the entire Random course first, then round the Rundown barrel.
1. Failure to engage the targets in proper order.
2. Failure to engage all of the correct targets before rounding the barrel.
3. Failure to round barrel.
4. Failure to go through the gate.
5. Failure to follow the prescribed pattern.
- When in doubt, favor the competitor.
- There is only ONE Procedure per stage.
- If a competitor corrects his/her mistake, there is no procedure.
- Random course indicates light targets.
- When the instructions indicate to complete the Random course BEFORE rounding the Rundown barrel the parts of the Random course may be completed in ANY order PRIOR to rounding the Rundown barrel.
- When the instructions indicate that a particular portion of the course is to be completed prior to rounding either the Rundown or Random barrel it shall be a procedural if any portion of that (targets, gates, barrels etc) are completed after rounding the appropriate barrel.
- If the course includes a Rundown barrel, the competitor shall round the Rundown barrel prior to engaging any targets in the Rundown.
- Course numbers are not in strict numeric order because historic statistical data is being stored based upon course numbers.
Please select review
Please enter your name
Please insert valid email!
Please write your comment
All reports are strictly confidential. This appears to be: