Category: Business Description: NIIMP app app was created using Appy Pie, World's #1 App Builder for creating Android & iPhone Apps. It is a Business category app. Click below to download the NIIMP app app.
10/10 for Best Business appBased on1 votes & user reviews
Nigeria is emerging as a leading economy in the world. It is Africa’s largest economy with a GDP of USD 509 billion in 2013 and average growth rate of 5% over the last few years. This strong growth is making the economy more prosperous and globally competitive as the living condition of the citizenry is improved. With 6% growth trajectory and a projected population of 405 million, Nigeria’s GDP and GDP per capita will grow to about USD 2.7 trillion and about USD 6,750 respectively by 2043.
This growth performance is in line with that of other fast-growing emerging markets, and well above the growth rate of some BRICS countries such as Brazil, Russia and South Africa. However, in an increasingly competitive global economy, building infrastructure that meets global standards has become a primary requirement for achieving ambitious growth targets. With our rapidly growing population and urbanization, the demand for infrastructural facilities is outpacing supply. This state of affairs necessitated the development of the National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan (NIIMP).
Approved : 2015
• Over USD 3.0 trillion is required to finance the NIIMP over the 30 years period
• Investments in infrastructure will increased from USD 10 billion p.a. in 2012 to USD 15.9 billion p.a. in 2014 and USD 51.1 billion in 2018, averaging USD 33 billion p.a. (5.4% of GDP) for the 5-year period 2014–18.
• Investment rate will further increase to 7.9% of GDP by the 2019–23 period, and remain above or close to 7% of GDP for the rest of the 30-year plan until 2043.
• Based on sector growth strategies, outcome targets, and international benchmarks, the total investment of ~USD 3.0 trillion over 2014–43 should comprise investments in:
– Energy: USD 1,000 billion, 33% of total;
– Transport: USD 775 billion, 25% of total;
– Agriculture, Water and Mining: USD 400 billion, 13% of total;
– Housing: USD 350 billion 11% of total;
– ICT: USD 325 billion, 11% of total;
– Social Infrastructure: USD 150 billion, 5% of total;
– Vital Registration and Security: USD 50 billion, 2% of total.
The investments required for the first 5 years of the plan would be USD 166 billion with investment in energy and transport accounting for more than 60% of total investment.
– Energy: USD 60 billion
– Transport: USD 51 billion
– ICT: USD 22 billion
– Water, Agriculture and Mining: USD 18 billion
– Social Infrastructure: USD 7 billion
– Housing: USD 5 billion
– Vital Registration and Security: USD 2.5 billion
The total investment of USD 3.0 trillion across Nigeria is required across the regions as follows:
– North West: USD 481 billion
– North East: USD 316 billion
– North Central: USD 482 billion
– South West: USD 717 billion
– South East: USD 419 billion
– South South: USD 585 billion
Address : Plot 421 Constitution Avenue, Central Business District, F.C.T
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please select review
Please enter your name
Please insert valid email!
Please write your comment
All reports are strictly confidential. This appears to be: